There are so many options when it comes to wanting whiter teeth. All teeth whitening processes are different and come with their own pros and cons. The length of time varies depending on the state of your teeth before starting the whitening process, the type of treatment the patient chooses, and what has discolored the teeth in the first place. One method can take 60 minutes and others can take up to a few weeks. Let’s look more into this.
Common Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Getting your teeth professionally whitened, is the fastest, safest, and most efficient way to whiten your teeth. The procedure can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes and patients leave with 2-3 shades lighter teeth.
- UV lights paired with gel are extremely popular right now. The gel is normally peroxide-based and is used alongside a UV light. The light activates the peroxide and expedites the whitening process. If used every day, you can see results within 10-14 days.
- You can go to any drug store and find a whitening toothpaste. The toothpaste contains enzymes that eliminate stains with a toothbrush. If this is done twice a day, results can range anywhere from two to six weeks.
- A method that most gravitate towards is whitening strips. But these aren’t great for sensitive teeth. They also require a commitment to wearing them for 1-2 hours every day for 2-3 weeks.
- Whitening rinses are known to take the longest when it comes to seeing results. Try using a rinse for a few minutes every day for the best results.
Whitening Options at Stetson Hills Dental
Stetson Hills Dental offers in-office and take-home teeth whitening options. The in-office option is just one visit, and the take-home option is to be used every day for 45 minutes for 2-5 weeks.
We also offer a Bright Rewards program that is available for a one-time enrollment fee of $99. Patients will be fitted for a bleaching tray, and receive two tubes of whitening gel. Patients take home the trays and wear them every day. If you continue to come in for your regular cleanings, we will give you more whitening gel to take home. For more information about our Bright Rewards Program and our in-office treatments, check out our whitening page.
Brighten Your Smile
If you’re thinking about a brighter smile, consider doing it professionally! Stetson Hills Dental is currently accepting new patients, and we can help you decide the best option for you. Schedule your appointment online today.