Do you need dentures in Colorado Springs?
In the event you suffer severe tooth loss due to gum disease, accidents, tooth decay, or other factors, Dr. Gary Moore and staff may recommend dentures. You may require full dentures depending on the scope of the damage your teeth have suffered, but the benefits of receiving dentures go far beyond your cosmetic dentistry needs. Maintaining healthy teeth is essential to the health of your mouth – so if you’re currently suffering from multiple missing teeth, be sure to contact the staff at Colorado Springs dentists right away. We’ll make sure your needs are met in a friendly, supportive office environment.
The Benefits of Receiving Full Dentures
As mentioned above, there are many benefits in choosing to fill in the gaps of missing teeth full or partial dentures:
- Aesthetic reasons. With all the modern advancements in cosmetic dental techniques and technology, there’s no reason to go through life insecure about missing teeth. Dentures Colorado Springs can help you live your life without fear of smiling for others in social situations.
- Chewing. The health of your mouth is significantly decreased by an inability to chew with certain parts of it. You put undue stress on areas where you do have teeth by constantly using them for mastication.
- Speaking. Your missing teeth may result in an inability to effectively pronounce words. Improve your speech by choosing full or partial dentures to replace missing teeth.
The Dentures Procedure
Your first step in determining if dentures are an option given the ailments you’re experiencing with missing teeth is to setup a consultation with best Colorado Springs dentist Dr. Moore and the staff at dental offices Colorado Springs. We can evaluate your needs based on what, exactly, your particular issues are and determine if dentures are right for you.
Should you decide to undergo full dentures, here is what you might expect as far as the process.
- You may have to have remaining teeth removed so that you can be fitted for your full dentures. It may require as many as 12 weeks for your gums to heal before you’re ready to take on dentures, which is often the case with what’s referred to as “conventional” dentures.
- You can opt to receive immediate dentures if you’d rather not wait the eight to 12 weeks for your gums to heal because immediate dentures can be applied right away. However because your gums may shrink or become altered during the healing process, you may require multiple visits with cosmetic dentist in Colorado Springs Dr. Moore to ensure that your immediate dentures fit correctly over time. More often than not immediate dentures are only used while your conventional, permanent dentures are being molded.
The Process of Making Dentures
It may take as many as six weeks to prepare your dentures for your mouth and jaw, as well as a numerous appointments with Dr. Moore to ensure that they fit snugly and comfortably.
- Dr. Moore will take a number of impressions to determine how your upper and lower jaw correspond to one another.
- Then, several different models and wax forms are created for you to try out. This part of the process helps determine a number of factors – size, color, and shape.
- Finally, we make a cast of the final form and perform adjustments if need be.
The Cost of Dentures
Determining the potential cost of your dentures is difficult because so many factors contribute to the bottom line. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $1,000 – $2,500 for the upper and lower dentures alone. Please note, however, that most dental insurance plans will cover most if not all of the cost of receiving dentures. And if you currently do not have dental insurance, contact Colorado Springs, CO, dentists for more information on available financing.
Go With the Best Cosmetic Dentist Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Gary Moore received his doctorate from Loma Linda University, School of Dentistry in 1986. In addition to studying at Loma Linda, he also taught there as a faculty member and has accumulated hundreds upon hundreds of continuing education hours studying under some of the most brilliant practitioners in the field today. In fact, Dr. Gary Moore is well-versed in advanced dental techniques and procedures.
He and his staff feel that a patient’s comfort and experience is a No. 1 priority. That’s why they put so much attention on putting you at ease so that you feel as much at home as you can at the cosmetic dentistry Colorado Springs office. One of the ways Dr. Moore and the staff at Stetson Hills does this is by easing up the pressure on your pocket book – financing options are available. Give us a call today for more information!